TyreGuard & TPMS
Under-inflated tyres wear faster than correctly inflated tyres and can contribute to accidents by reducing vehicle handling, increasing braking distance and increasing the likelihood of blowouts. You can also save money on your fuel bill by correctly inflating and monitoring your tyres.
The TPMS will continuously monitors the pressure and temperature of your vehicle or tow vehicle / caravan tyres and provide visual and audible alarm when the pressure drops below / rises above the set range or rises above the maximum temperature set. We have TPMS units which can monitor 1 to 4 tyres or 1 to 22 tyres. All TPMS Kits units come with 4 sensors as standard issue.
TYREGUARD 400 KIT (APPLE OR ANDROID) (PART #1060)
The Tyre / Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) is a universal fit product that allows for constant Monitoring of a vehicle’s Tire Pressure & Temperature. The system can receive wireless information from up to 22 wheels or 4 wheels with a pressure range of 0 to 145 psi and operating distance of 16 meters with the use of a booster or 8 meters without.
Information Video & Kits Contents
- Under inflated tyres can place up to 10% more strain on the vehicle’s drive system and therefore the car mayuse 10% more fuel.
- If wheel alignment is out by even 6mm, fuel consumption increases by as much as 2 per cent.
The Davies Craig TYREGUARD 400 TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) is a unique electronic safety system for monitoring air pressure and temperature in tyres. It consists of simple easy-to-install, screw on sensors and a hand-held monitor. Fixed to the tyre valve, each sensor monitors the air pressure and temperature inside the tyre, and then transmits the air pressure and temperature information to the monitor. This information is then graphically illustrated on the monitor screen and the operator can scroll through the data for each individual tyre. The driver or passenger can read the specific data of each tyre's air pressure and temperature parameters displayed on the screen. An audible alarm will sound and the red LED light will flash should the tyre pressure and/or temperature vary markedly from each tyre’s targeted air and temperature settings. The TPMS will monitor the air pressure and temperature of up to 22 tyres with a pressure range of 0 to 145 psi and sensors within 7.6 meters of the device 16 meters with the use of a signal Booster.
Each sensor/tyre can be individually set to the individual pressure you wish to operate in the respective tyres. For example, if you wish to run 64psi in the rear duals and 45psi in the front steer tyres, these pressures can be set on your monitor after you have ensured these same pressures have been placed in the respective tyres. The sensors can be placed on any tyre at any time BUT you must realign the specific sensor to the specific tyre once it has been placed on the respective valve. If you need to take the sensors off the valves for any reason, ensure they are replaced on the same valve to avoid the need to realign same.
This system has several warning notifications which advise low / high pressure, slow / rapid leak and high temperature. These will appear on the screen and via an audible alarm and red LED light flashing. In order to avoid the traffic accidents caused by the high or low air pressure, high temperature or leakage of the tyres, the monitoring system will flash and alarm to remind the driver to give the responding check and treatment to the tyres in time in case the tyres have high or low air pressure, leak age, high temperature, the battery has low voltage, or there are something wrong with the sensor, etc. Besides, by the adoption of advanced sensor and microprocessor, this system possesses the features of high reliability, strong real time, little error, small size, light weight, etc.
The pressure sensor regularly measures the tyres air pressure, temperature and the battery voltage of itself and then sends out through radio wave after processing the collected data. The monitor encodes the collected data and shows the corresponding information on the screen. If there is the data information of a certain tyre out of the normal range, the monitor processing system will immediately give an alarm.
TPMS Protective Tips
These tips will assist you protect your vehicle’s Sensors and caps from stone damage and fracturing of the Sensor battery cradles. These tips have been submitted to us by our terrific customers who are traveling around the countryside experiencing excellent results with Davies Craig TyreGuard 400 TPMS.
- A piece of ½” heater hose fits snugly over the cap and valve stem with the small amount of the cap protruding. This is a very economical and successful option to place on all Sensors. (See image below)
- Using black electrical tape, wrap this insulation product around the cap a few times. Another inconspicuous aid to help protect your Sensors.
- Some vehicles’ valve stems protrude very closely to the rim. The screw-on fitment of a Sensor may come in contact with the rim. Ensure the Sensors are not touching any portion of your rim. The vibration will shorten the Sensor life and may cause internal damage to the operation of the Sensor.
- Sensors - in some rare cases the centrifugal force while the wheel is turning at a rapid rate may lift the top off the battery cradle causing the ‘No5’ signal to appear on the TPMS Monitor screen. Remove the cap and remove the battery, depress the top of the battery cradle slightly so the CR 1632 battery fits very snugly back into the cradle. Another little ‘trick’, if this signal ‘No5’ persists you may want to place a small piece of cardboard in the base of the cap then screw the cap on very tightly.
- Sometimes it helps just to unscrew the wayward Sensor and re-screw it back on the valve stem. This has the effect of ‘rebooting’ the Sensor signal and in most cases normal signal transmission will resume.
TYREGUARD 300 KIT (APPLE OR ANDROID) (PART #1060)
Monitor your vehicles tyre pressure and temperature in real time via your Smartphone (Apple or Android) or the included adaptor. An automatic sound and flashing alarm with occur six seconds after an abnormal phenomenon appears, such as too high or too low tyre pressure or leakage!
The system take minutes to instal and connects to your phone via Bluetooth. The tyre Sensors easily screw onto the valve and come with a locking nut for security.
Smartphone system requirement:
1) Android: 4.4 Version and above
2) iOS: 7.0 version and above
3) Support 4.0 BLE and above, IOS or Android operating system.
Smarthphone App Download
- For IOS: Download; Go to “App Store” and search “Jetson TPMS”.
- For Android: Download from http://www.tesee.com.cn/download.html
- *Note: for Andriod, some WiFi service may block the address. Simply switch off WiFi and download via Mobile Data or select desktop version from your browser settings. If still having issues, copy and paste the above link to your browser.
- Automatic sound and flash alarm six seconds after tire’s temperature becomes too high (exceed 75℃).
- Temperature Measure Precision：±3℃
- The waterproof and dustproof sensor can be used under awful condition.
- The tire's pressure monitoring criterion can be customized.
- The sensor's battery can be replaced freely. The normal life-span of battery is about 2 years. When the capacity remained is insufficient, automatic sound and flash alarm shall remind user to replace the battery in time(Battery Model No: CR1632)
- Pressure measurement range：0-58PSI
- Pressure Measure Precision： ±1.00PSI
- Suitable for passenger cars, can monitor four wheel-tires simultaneously.
- Four options for pressure unit：Kpa, PSI, Bar and Kgf/ cm2
- Sensors' operating temperature：-10℃ ~85 ℃, that of receiver and monitor：-20 ℃ ~60 ℃
- Sensor Weight：8g±1g
- Signal Transmitting Frequency：433.92MHz
iTPMS 8886 KIT (APPLE) (PART #1050)
The iTPMS 8886 has been specifically designed for use with Apple iPhones. It's a safety system for monitoring the individual air pressure and temperature of up to 4 tyres with a pressure range of 0 to 50.8 psi & temperature range of -20C up to +85C. It offers easy installation within 5 mins using only your bare hands and sensors matching is not required. It communicates via wireless transmission between sensors and transceivers; Bluetooth connection between iPhone and the transceiver.
Features of ITPMS 8886
- Easy Installation in 5 mins with bare hands
- No sensors matching is needed
- Wireless transmission between sensors & transceivers; Bluetooth connection between iPhone & the transceiver
- No tire rebalance is needed
- Tire alarm shows on iPhone
- Anti-theft system design of the External Sensors
- Replaceable Button Cell inside External Sensors
- Real time monitoring of individual tire pressure and temperature
- Lost or damage sensors can be purchased individually
- Parameters setting can be operated by App on iPhone, such as App interface language in Chinese or English;
- Pressure unit in Bar、Psi or Kgf/cm2 ; Temperature unit in ℃ or ℉.