Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Australia's leading global supplier of innovative cooling technologies, Davies, Craig Pty Ltd serving the world’s foremost automotive vehicle manufacturers with original equipment as well as the domestic and worldwide aftermarket. Our team is committed to producing automotive technology designs of the highest quality, reflecting their passion and commitment to the automotive industry.
We are a long-established and proven Australian automotive aftermarket company with a first class network of premium Australian and international distributors who can deliver high quality cooling products virtually anywhere in Australia and around the world.
You can browse and purchase items online or by contacting our Head Office on +61 (0) 3 9639 1234.
This website and the contents herein are protected by copyright law and may not be reproduced in any way without consent. Further, Davies Craig products are protected by worldwide patents and trademarks. Failure to respect these rights may incur legal action against offenders.
By accessing, browsing through or placing orders on this website, you hereby agree to the terms and conditions detailed herein. These may be amended at any time without notice.
1. Any reference to Company/Seller/We/Us shall mean Davies Craig Pty Ltd of 77 Taras Avenue, Altona North, Victoria, 3025 Australia (Registered Office) Company ABN. No.71 004 918 825
2. Any reference to You/Buyer/Purchaser shall mean any person, sole trader, partnership, business, body corporate or other entity detailed in the appropriate section of the sales invoice/order form and shall include all successors, heirs and assigns. Where the Buyer purchases in the course of a trade, profession, vocation or sport (where the buyer is a specialist or enthusiast), it is agreed that such a buyer shall mean a trade buyer. Where a person deals entirely as a consumer, statutory rights shall remain unaffected. Where the term buyer appears within these terms it shall mean both trade and consumer buyer/purchaser unless specified as relating to a trade buyer or consumer buyer individually.
3. Goods or equipment ordered shall mean the items detailed in the appropriate section of the sales/order form and it shall be a core term of this agreement that all additional parts, connecting components or ancillary items, not detailed within the sales order form, shall be additional to this agreement.
4. Price shall mean the consideration due for purchase and shall Exclude GST. Any charges for GST (10%) will be added on your summary screen once you checkout your shopping basket. Please note; GST in only applicable for Australian customers, all international purchases are GST Free. Purchasers should note that prices quoted may vary (upwards or downwards) and current prices are quoted at the time of order.
5. In respect of orders placed via the Internet, such orders shall be mere offers to purchase and shall not be accepted or binding upon the Company until confirmed or acknowledged in writing by the Company by means of invoice or statement confirming acceptance of your order or by dispatch of goods to you. Order acknowledgement sent by the Company subsequent to the order and payment shall not amount to confirmation of order. The Company reserve the right to refuse any offer to purchase prior to written confirmation or dispatch, where goods ordered become unavailable, the price of goods varies or an error is made by the Company in the price, description or for some other reason, whereupon a full refund of your payment will be made to you, usually in the method you made payment to the Company.
6. Working day" shall mean any day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Information obtained on our Website is used to process and deliver orders as requested. We may also use this information to contact the sender / recipient if necessary. No information is released to any individual or organization. No information will be passed onto any other without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law.
By placing an order on our Website, you are declaring that you are the person nominated on the Credit Card being submitted, or, that you have the permission to use the Credit Card. If we have concerns regarding fraud, we reserve the right to contact the respective Authorities.
Once your online purchase has been processed, your Credit Card details are no longer on our files. We do not keep a record of your Credit Card details.
Orders containing offensive, discriminative or insulting language will be rejected.
Placement of Orders & Deliveries
Please allow 24 hours for dispatch on working day whenever possible. Specific time deliveries may not always be possible at short notice and should be discussed by phone or email.
We endeavour, through the co-operation of several Courier companies to deliver anywhere and as requested by the customer. The Courier companies selected are all reputable, trusted and deliver to the best of their ability at all times. Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted, and in any event within the time stipulated. However, we will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, we may inform you of the delay and the reason for the delay as soon as is practical.
If you have placed an order, and you do not receive a confirmation within 2 working days that your order has been processed, please email or phone at your earliest convenience.
Additional delivery fees may be charged if the information provided for the recipient is incorrect or incomplete. Please include special instructions in relation to the delivery e.g.; security gate, specific Reception areas, floor name or number, unit at rear, access via lane etc. business name. A contact phone number of the recipient is always helpful.
If the recipient is not present at the address and the Courier is unable to leave the item safely, the item may be returned to our warehouse. The sender / recipient will be contacted and alternative arrangements made. Extra delivery charges may be incurred if re-delivery required. Each order will only be delivered once per delivery fee.
Delivery and packing prices indicated within the Companies Internet Site are subject to change and will be confirmed at the time of order. Buyers outside Australia shall be quoted approximate prices for delivery and packing prior to order confirmation. If required the Company shall quote for delivery and packing in such instances and confirmation of acceptance shall be required from the Buyer prior to acceptance of order.
We use a number of different freight companies to obtain the best rates at any given time. Please contact Davies Craig directly to get your freight quote or simply add items into the shopping cart, provide your address and your freight quote / estimate will be provided before processing payment. You can then accept the total or cancel the order.
International Shipping Rates & Policies:
Davies Craig will ship to virtually any address in the world. Our standard shipping rates for goods are primarily determined by size and weight at time of ordering. We use a number of different freight companies to obtain the best rates at any given time.
Please contact Davies Craig directly to get your freight quote or simply add items into the shopping cart, provide your address and your freight quote / estimate will be provided before processing payment. You can then accept the total or cancel the order.
*Duties, Customs Fees & Local Taxes:
According to your country's shipping and customs laws, please be aware that your order may be subject to import duties and customs fees at time of delivery. These cost are not included in your shipping fee and will need to be paid by the customer.
The Buyer is required to notify the company of any shortage, missed delivery or other discrepancy immediately, or at the latest within 7 days of such shortage, missed delivery or failure, thereafter the buyer shall be liable for any such discrepancy.
Notification either by phone, fax or email must be received within 24hours of order being placed. The full amount will be refunded less $10.00 administrative fee. Additional costs may be deducted for any special requests which have been nominated when placing the order.
In regards to orders that have already been dispatched, please see returns & refund policy.
Substitution Policy & Quality Assurance
Davies, Craig Pty Ltd is a quality endorsed company under ISO-9001, we maintain a comprehensive quality assurance program, which includes ongoing blind test orders, telephone surveys with customers and recipients and many other measures to ensure high quality levels of service.
Please notify this office within 24 hours if you have any problems with any aspect of our goods or services. We welcome your feedback and value the opportunity to address your concerns. We will always endeavour to resolve an issue to the satisfaction of our customer.
Out of Stock / Backorders
Customers will be notified within 3 working days of any out-of-stock products. You may either choose to wait until stock is readily available or opt to receive a refund. No fees will be applicable in these instances.
Returns & Refund Policy
Goods which prove unsuitable may be returned for refund, credit or exchange if they are notified within 7 days of receipt, subject to the following conditions:
- Returns may be subject to a 20% handling fee
- Items are returned carriage paid.
- Items are received in a resalable condition.
- Items should be returned unused in their original condition in order to secure a refund.
- Items are returned complete with all packaging in good condition. (We reserve the right to levy a charge to replace product packaging which is damaged or defaced).
- We cannot accept any items which have been specially ordered for you or manufactured to your specification for return.
- All returns are to be accompanied by the senders name and address, account number, order reference number (these are found on the invoice), invoice number and reason for return. Please help us to help you.
- We cannot accept responsibility for returned parcels which are undelivered, please retain your proof of postage etc., you may require it on the event of a claim with your carrier.
- Items returned after 7 days from receipt will be considered on a case by case basis and may be subject to an additional charge of not less than 10%.
Davies Craig is not responsible for any labour charges incurred during fitment or removal of allegedly faulty (or incorrectly supplied) parts.
Please advise our Customer Service Department of any problems with shortages or carrier damage within 7 days of receipt. We regret that beyond this time, due to circumstances beyond our control we may be unable to process your claim.
*Fees are not applicable for refund due to out-of-stock order cancellation. (See Out of Stock / Backorders)
GUARANTEES / WARRANTY
Davies, Craig warrants Electric Fans, Electric Water Pumps (EWP), Electric Booster Pumps, Controllers, Switches and Transmission Oil Coolers for a period of two years or 2,000 hours continuous running (whichever is the lesser) from the date of purchase. Davies, Craig will carry out, free of cost, any repairs to our products that are reasonably necessary to correct any fault in the operation of your Davies, Craig product provided that such a fault is directly attributable to a defect in the workmanship or materials used in the manufacture of the part(s). This warranty is void if the product is misused, altered, tampered with, or is installed or used in a manner that is inconsistent with Davies, Craig’s written recommendations and/or installation instructions. Labour and consequential costs are excluded.
TPMS products carry a 1 year warranty
Purchasers are reminded to complete the warranty registration online via the web site under the Support Tab upon receipt of goods.
Ownership or Title to the product shall not pass to the buyer until the company has received payment in full. In the event that sums owing in respect of other items ordered remain due, apportionment by this company shall take place without prejudice to the right to retain title or ownership in respect of all goods ordered.
LIMITATIONS UPON LIABILITY
1. Advice given by agents or servants of this company during telephone/Internet orders is based entirely upon information given by the purchaser with no inspection undertaken. As such, all advice given is indicative only and all such advice should be checked by the purchaser prior to order. Where advice is given after visual inspection by agents or servants of this company, such advice shall amount to an opinion only.
2. Goods ordered by the Buyer may not be compatible with vehicles which have been modified, adapted or altered. Where goods ordered by the Purchaser are not compatible by reason of modification, adaptation or alteration, the Company may accept such goods back into stock entirely at its discretion, and shall either issue a refund or credit to the purchaser except where goods are specifically ordered for the purchaser where no such refund or credit will operate.
3. Specialist use of goods in both competition or performance applications and subject to extreme heat and stress whilst in use may greatly reduce life expectancy and durability. It is acknowledged by the buyer of such goods that the foregoing statement shall be a relevant and important issue in any claim brought against the Company and the Company shall, in turn, place importance upon this clause. The company may also limit guarantees when components are installed for competition use.
4. No liability is accepted by the company where purchasers attempt to modify or install components supplied where it is known or ought reasonably to be known to the Purchaser that the part supplied is incorrectly supplied or otherwise not in accordance with the order.
5. The company accepts no liability in respect of failure to supply or other interruptions caused by matters beyond the reasonable control of the company, including but without limitation, strikes, lockouts, civil disputes, acts of God, war or actions by third parties.